Hours | Directions
The Peninsula juts out into the Park's 60-acre Lake, providing one of the most isolated and inviting places to enjoy the Park’s beautiful terrain and the Lake’s varied shoreline. A trail leads you to the tip of the Peninsula, revealing a vista of the Lake’s far shore and Duck Island, which you can observe from a rustic pavilion practically enclosed by water.
The Peninsula attracts a variety of waterfowl - including geese, cormorants, and mallards that stop to feed along the shoreline. It is located on the northern edge of the Lake, and is near the Lullwater.
To reach the Peninsula, enter the Park through the Vanderbilt Street/Prospect Park Southwest entrance, or the Ocean Avenue/Lincoln Road entrance and walk toward the interior of the Park.
By Public Transportation: (MTA Maps)
• F or G Train to Fort Hamilton Parkway station (@ Prospect Avenue)
• Q, S or B Train to Prospect Park station
• B68 Bus along Prospect Park Southwest to Terrace Place
• B16 Bus to Ocean Avenue and Empire Boulevard
• B41 Bus to Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard
• B43 Bus to Ocean Avenue and Empire Boulevard
From Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges: Take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park West exit, make left on Prospect Park Southwest at Bartel Pritchard Circle to Vanderbilt Street.
From Brooklyn-Queens Expressway: Take BQE to Prospect Expressway, 10th Avenue exit. Make left on 11th Avenue Make right on Prospect Park Southwest to Vanderbilt Street.
Prospect Park is closed daily from 1 to 5 a.m.