What We Do I Honor a Child I Sponsor a Party for Playgrounds I Get Involved I About the Playgrounds
The Playground Committee is a group of concerned parents who work to promote and support everything Prospect Park has to offer children, from our seven playgrounds to ballfields to Lefferts Historic House to the Audubon Center and beyond. The Committee raises funds for and awareness of Prospect Park, and serves as a bridge to the community, providing families with young children with a new way to become involved in Prospect Park. Through its annual Party for Playgrounds, the Playground Committee has raised more than $300,000 for facilities and programs that benefit children.
What We Do
The Playground Committee serves as a vital connector between the Prospect Park Alliance and concerned parents and community members who want to ensure the Park’s continued accessibility for the children of Brooklyn. Members of the Committee work with different constituencies for the betterment of the playgrounds as well as programming for kids throughout Prospect Park.
• We connect with local parents, businesses, and other citizens! We want our neighbors to get actively involved in Prospect Park. We also help to keep our communities informed about the Park, and bring their questions and concerns back to Park management. Click here to learn more about who we are.
• We put government to work! We encourage elected officials to provide public funding to restore and renovate the Park's playgrounds, and to support all of the facilities and programs the Prospect Park Alliance offers for children.
• We get results! Click here for a quick look at a few of the improvements that the Playground Committee is working to support, day in and day out.
• We Party for Playgrounds! Each year we gather at the historic Boathouse for an evening of music, cocktails, and fun. Click here to learn more about he Playground Committee's annual fundraising event, or check out our Flickr stream for pictures of the 2012 party.
Honor a Child
Making a donation to Prospect Park's playgrounds is a unique way to honor a child. Donors and honorees both receive special recognition at the annual Party for Playgrounds. Donors and honorees will also be listed in the Prospect Park Alliance Annual Report, and we'll be happy to send a special notification of your donation to the honoree, or to their parents or guardians.
• Click here to donate now.
• Download this form to mail in.
• For more information, contact Jessie Betts at (718) 965-8988 or via email.
Sponsor the Party for Playgrounds
The annual Party for Playgrounds offers a terrific oportunity for local businesses to connect with the community. With an exciting Silent Auction and customizable sponsorship packages, there are a variety of ways to get involved.
• To learn about becoming a sponsor of the event, or for information about donating a Silent Auction item, contact Jessie Betts at (718) 965-8988 or via email.
There are lots of ways to pitch in and support Prospect Park's Playgrounds!
• If you’re interested in joining the Playground Committee, contact Jessie Betts at (718) 965-8988 or via email.
• If you'd like to roll up your sleeves and help care for the Playgrounds yourself, contact Prospect Park's Volunteer Department at (718) 965-8960 or via email.
• The Prospect Park Alliance is the organization behind two decades of improvements in the Park. You can click here to learn more about the Alliance, or click here to join online.
About the Playgrounds
• Click here for more information about Prospect Park's playgrounds.
• To report a maintenance, safety, or other concern about a playground in Prospect Park, please send an email to email@example.com.