Hours | Directions | Permit & Rental
Sitting in a tranquil shady grove of some of the Park’s tallest trees, the Music Pagoda is at the north end of the Nethermead, the idyllic meadow at the center of Prospect Park. The site of countless musical and theatrical performances since the 1880s, the Music Pagoda now hosts events for a variety of community organizations.
This octagonal structure has a high battered platform of rough stone work, with slender posts that slant inward and connect with the graceful flared roof. The form suggests an ancient Chinese city gate, and offers a peaceful resting place along the winding path of the Ravine and Lullwater.
To reach the Music Pagoda and Grove, enter at the Willink entrance (intersection of Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard), and follow the Blue Trail directional signs.
By Public Transportation: (MTA Maps)
• Q, S or B Train to Prospect Park station
• B16 or B43 Bus to Ocean Avenue and Empire Boulevard
• B41 Bus to Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard
From Manhattan: From the Manhattan Bridge take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza. Go halfway around the circle and continue on Flatbush Avenue (the Brooklyn Public Library will be on your left and the Park on your right) until the intersection of Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard.
From Queens & Long Island: From the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Tillary Street and turn left onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
From Staten Island:
• From the Verrazano Bridge follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Atlantic Avenue, making right onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
• Or, follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Prospect Expressway, exit at 11th Avenue. Make a left on 11th Avenue. Make a right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. Go three-fourths around the circle and continue on Parkside Avenue. Make a left on Ocean Avenue to the intersection with Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard.
Prospect Park is closed daily from 1 to 5 a.m.
Permit & Rental
For information about using the Music Pagoda for a planned function, please call (718) 965-8944.