Hours | Directions | History | Permits | Snack Bar | Tennis Center | Stewart Playground
Some of professional baseball’s finest athletes, including Sandy Koufax, Joe Torre, and Manny Ramirez, once honed their skills at the Prospect Park Parade Ground. Re-opened in spring 2004 after a four-year renovation, the legendary fields on the 40-acre site serve local schools, leagues, and clubs for baseball, tennis, soccer, basketball, and football for both children and adults.
The Parade Ground features Stewart Playground and the Prospect Park Tennis Center.
The Parade Ground features eleven reconstructed athletic fields, including a premiere baseball diamond with covered dugouts, bleachers, and night lighting. There are three additional baseball fields, two softball fields, one football field, one soccer field, three multi-purpose fields, basketball and volleyball courts, and full-service concessions facilities with picnic and seating areas. And, with artificial turf, five of the fields can be used year-round. Designed and managed by the Prospect Park Alliance with intensive community input, the Parade Ground is ready for the next generation of Brooklyn’s star athletes!
Hungry? Visit The Time Out Snack Bar!
At the center of the Parade Ground. Hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn and a variety of snacks to satisfy any craving; Park gear available too. Learn more >
Click here to learn about the history of the Parade Ground.
The Parade Ground is located at the southern end of the Park, on Coney Island Ave. between Caton and Parkside Avenues.
By Public Transportation: (MTA map)
• F or G Train to Fort Hamilton Parkway station (@ Prospect Ave.)
• Q Train to Parkside Avenue station
• B-68 Bus along Coney Island Ave. to Parkside Ave.
• From Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges: Take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza, continue on Flatbush, make right on Ocean Avenue, right on Parkside Avenue.
• From BQE: Take BQE to Prospect Expressway, 10th Ave. exit. Make left on 11th Ave. Make right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. From Circle, follow Parkside Ave.
Fields close at dusk, except Field 3 when the lights are on.
Click here for permit information
Ballfield Permits (718) 965-8973
Tennis Permits (718) 965-8993 or (718) 965-8914