Hours | Cost | Directions | Contact
Horses are available for rental from Kensington Stables daily from 10 a.m. to sunset. Riders of all levels are invited, and classes are available for kids and adults. Kensington Stables, located just outside the Park across from the Parade Ground, also offers pony rides and parties. Please call ahead for reservations.
The stables are located on the corner of East 8th and Caton Place, one block from Park Circle, just off of Coney Island Avenue.
By Public Transportation: (MTA map)
• F or G Train to Fort Hamilton Parkway station (@ Prospect Ave.)
• Q Train to Parkside Avenue station
• B-68 Bus along Coney Island Ave. to Parkside Ave.
• From Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges: Take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza, continue on Flatbush, make right on Ocean Avenue, right on Parkside Avenue.
• From BQE: Take BQE to Prospect Expressway, 10th Ave. exit. Make left on 11th Ave. Make right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. From Circle, follow Parkside Ave.
10 a.m. to sunset, every day.
A group lesson is $47 per hour; semi-private lessons are $52 per hour; private lessons are $57 per hour or $34 per half hour. (All prices effective June 1, 2008. Lesson cards and gift certificates bought before June 1, 2008 will still be honored.)
Advanced reservations are advised.
51 Caton Place