Hours | Cost | Directions | Contact
Horses are available for rental from Kensington Stables daily from 10 a.m. to sunset. Riders of all levels are invited, and classes are available for kids and adults. Kensington Stables, located just outside the Park across from the Parade Ground, also offers pony rides and parties. Please call ahead for reservations.
The stables are located on the corner of East 8th Street and Caton Place, one block from Park Circle, just off of Coney Island Avenue.
By Public Transportation: (MTA maps)
• F or G Train to Fort Hamilton Parkway station (at Prospect Ave.)
• Q Train to Parkside Avenue station
• B-68 Bus along Coney Island Ave. to Parkside Ave.
• From Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges: Take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza, continue on Flatbush, make right on Ocean Avenue, right on Parkside Avenue.
• From BQE: Take BQE to Prospect Expressway, 10th Ave. exit. Make left on 11th Ave. Make right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. From Park Circle, follow Parkside Ave.
10 a.m. to sunset, every day.
Lessons are $57 per hour. $34 per half hour. Semiprivate rate is $52, and group rate is $47 per person per hour. Lesson packages: $570 for 11 one hour lessons. $340 for 11 half hour lessons. Packages are not transferrable. There is no expiration. Prices do not include gratuities.
Advanced reservations are advised.
51 Caton Place