Hours | Cost | Directions | History | Contact
Prospect Park Zoo is home to nearly 400 animals of more than 80 species. Kids will be amazed by close-up views of some of the wild’s most unusual animals. The Zoo is operated by the Wildlife Conservation Society, known throughout the world for its innovative ways of caring for animals while increasing visitor interaction. The exhibits feature animals in environments mirroring their natural habitats.
Zoo Exhibits include "World of Animals," where kids can meet prairie dogs and wallabies face-to-face. Other Zoo residents include the cotton-topped tamarin, the hamadryas baboon, the red panda, and a vibrant band of birds, reptiles and amphibians. The Zoo presents special annual events – like the Fleece Fest and Boo at the Zoo – in addition to educational programs for individuals and school groups.
Click here to learn about the history of the Prospect Park Zoo.
The Zoo is located at the Children’s Corner and is located on Flatbush Avenue, near Ocean Avenue. You can reach the Zoo from the street entrance or from inside the Park, near the Willink entrance (intersection of Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard).
By Public Transportation: MTA Maps
• Q, S or B Train to Prospect Park station
• B16 or B43 Bus to Ocean Avenue and Empire Boulevard
• B41 Bus to Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard
From Manhattan: From the Manhattan Bridge take Flatbush Avenue to Grand Army Plaza. Go halfway around the circle and continue on Flatbush Avenue (the Brooklyn Public Library will be on your left and the Park on your right) until the intersection of Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard.
From Queens & Long Island: From the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Tillary Street and turn left onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
From Staten Island:
• From the Verrazano Bridge follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway, exit at Atlantic Avenue, making right onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the directions from Manhattan.
• Or, follow the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway to the Prospect Expressway, exit at 11th Avenue. Make a left on 11th Avenue. Make a right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. Go three-fourths around the circle and continue on Parkside Avenue. Make a left on Ocean Avenue to the intersection with Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard.
The Prospect Park Zoo is open 365 days a year.
March 23 – November 3, 2013
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Weekends & holidays, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
November 4 – March 28, 2014
Daily, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Adults $8, Children (3 – 12) $5, Seniors (65+) $6. Children under 3 years old are always free!
Last ticket sold 30 minutes prior to closing.
Zoo education programs
450 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11225