Make a difference in Brooklyn’s Backyard. Prospect Park Alliance, the non-profit organization that sustains, restores and advances the park in partnership with the City, is seeking a photography intern.
This is a valuable opportunity for a student with an interest in photography and design, who wants to experience how photography is used in real-world marketing. This position will provide excellent exposure to the daily photography needs of a busy marketing department, where you will learn about photography for both print and web, and work hands on with our Graphic Designer and Creative Director to learn how photography helps drive our marketing efforts.
Internships can be applied for college credit, and a stipend for travel and lunch is available. Internships require a minimum commitment of 10 weeks, and work schedules are flexible, requiring 10-15 hours per week.
Projects will be assigned based on the needs of the department and the interests and skills of the intern, and may include but are not limited to:
- Working with our graphic designer to help build our cloud-based photo database. Intern will help edit photos and catalog photo shoots, including uploading, naming, resizing, and tagging photos.
- Taking photos (portraits, action shots, and general beauty shots) of Prospect Park, to be published on the Alliance website and social media channels.
- Working with professional photographers on shoots in the park as we build our database of curated photography.
- Comfortable with both PC and Mac platforms
- Basic skills in landscape, portrait and/or event photography
- Proficient at Photoshop and Adobe Bridge
- Retouching a plus
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Photography or Communications major preferred
The Alliance is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.