Join Prospect Park Alliance at Lefferts Historic House to learn how sheep's fleece is transformed into wool!
- Wool Carding and Drop Spindle, 1–4 pm: Learn how to card wool using special tools and how to spin with a drop spindle.
- Spinning Demonstrations, 1–4 pm: Meet our resident spinner, Catherine Conrad, and see how she spins wool fibers into thread.
- Parade from the Zoo, 1:30 pm: Join us on a parade to the Zoo to collect fleece from their sheep-shearing demonstrations!
- Wool Washing, 2–4 pm: After the fleece is shorn from the sheep, the next step is washing it! Help us clean the fleece and get it ready for felt balls and spinning!
- Pom-Pom Making, 2–4 pm: After the wool is washed and carded, you can try your hand at making a felt ball. Use the wool fibers to shape a ball and see if you can make it bounce!