Join Prospect Park Alliance to help serve our community this summer!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, both Prospect Park Alliance and NYC Parks have lost critical funding, and our seasonal workforce is significantly smaller than in past years. Join us on weekends through August 30 as a Volunteer Greeter. In teams of two, greeters will encourage park patrons to help care for the park: handing out trash bags and sharing information and resources to help protect the park's natural areas and wildlife and positively impact all park visitors.
The Alliance is actively seeking volunteers from all communities around the park to join this effort. Register to become a Volunteer Greeter today. Please note that all new greeters must first register for a virtual training session.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Commit to volunteer for a minimum of 2 shifts on Saturday or Sunday between July 18 and August 30 (shift times: 11 am-1 pm or 2 pm-4 pm)
- Must be able attend virtual training session prior to start
- Ability and willingness to walk for duration of two-hour shift
- Must fill out mandatory COVID-19 questionnaire prior to shift and follow all COVID-19 volunteer protocols