Join Prospect Park Alliance to learn about birds and other animals that make their home near water, and add to the “nest” we are weaving with natural materials.
- Discovery Pack, 11–4 pm: Get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Lakeside Nature Stroll, 12–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk through the meandering paths of the Peninsula and search for signs of animal homes.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Help Alliance naturalists track migrating birds and invasive plants that impact where animals can make their homes in this citizen science program.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Learn how to keep Prospect Park healthy by cleaning up the lakeshore, spreading mulch or removing invasive species. This program leaves promptly at 2pm.
- Family Birdwatching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home.