What's in our water? Join Prospect Park Alliance to investigate water chemistry and identify aquatic creatures in and around the Park’s waterways.
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Shoreline Water Walk, 12–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk following the lower section of Prospect Park’s watercourse and explore the unique ecosystem of the Lake.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Discover what creatures live in Prospect Park’s water bodies and the chemistry that influences their development in this citizen science program.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Learn how to keep Prospect Park healthy by cleaning up the lakeshore, spreading mulch or removing invasive species. This program leaves promptly at 2pm.
- Family Bird Watching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home.
Presented by Con Edison