Pop-Up Audubon II: Water Detectives
What’s in our water? Join Prospect Park Alliance to Investigate water chemistry and identify macroinvertebrates in and around the upper watercourse. Pop-Up Audubon II is best for ages 8 and over. Pop-Up Audubon is made possible through the generous support of Con Edison and the Brooke Astor Fund for New York City.
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Shoreline Water Walk, 12 pm–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk following the lower section of Prospect Park’s watercourse and explore the unique ecosystem of the Lake. This program leaves promptly at 12 pm.
- Junior Naturalists, 1 pm–2 pm: Discover what creatures live in Prospect Park’s water bodies and the chemistry that influences their development in this citizen science program. This program starts promptly at 1 pm.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2 pm–3 pm: Learn how to keep Prospect Park healthy by cleaning up the lakeshore, spreading mulch or removing invasive species. This program leaves promptly at 2 pm.
- Family Bird Watching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home. This program leaves promptly at 3 pm.