Suspended: Pop-Up Audubon II: Animal Clues
COVID-19 Update: Due to the pandemic, Prospect Park Alliance has suspended all public programming in the park. Please visit our Virtual Prospect Park page for fun activities to enjoy from the comfort of your home or on solo explorations of the park.
Join Prospect Park Alliance every Saturday + Sunday in May for Pop Up Audubon II: Animal Clues! Learn about birds and other animals that make their home near water, and add to the “nest” we are weaving with natural materials. Pop-Up Audubon II is best for ages 8 and over. Presented in partnership with Con Edison.
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Lakeside Nature Stroll, 12–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk through the meandering paths of the Peninsula and search for signs of animal homes. This program leaves promptly at 12 pm.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Help Alliance naturalists track migrating birds and invasive plants that impact where animals can make their homes in this citizen science program. This program starts promptly at 1 pm.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Learn how to keep Prospect Park healthy by cleaning up the lakeshore, spreading mulch or removing invasive species. This program leaves promptly at 2 pm.
- Family Birdwatching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home. This program leaves promptly at 3 pm.