Wash Day: An Event for Children with ASD
Join Prospect Park Alliance at Lefferts Historic House for an exclusive event for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The museum will open an hour early and you and your family can cool off from the summer sun at the Lefferts Historic House by helping us get the dirt out of our 19th century reproduction clothing the old-fashioned way; using tubs, washboards and bar soap.
While you’re here, try your hand at giant bubble making and scent your own soap to take home. Have a fun day of interactive learning experiences with sensory-based exhibits and activities! This special event includes the following modifications:
- Attendance Limited: by invitation & registration only.
- Extra sensory-based activities to provide fun for a wide range of preferences.
- Downloadable Pre-Trip Social Story™.
- You can bring a picnic to enjoy in our yard.
- A comfortable, protected and accepting environment.
Plus, after Wash Day for children with ASD, Lefferts will be open to the public for regularly scheduled Wash Day programming.