As of May 19, 2021 New York State has implemented the CDC’s Interim Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People. As per NY State requirement, face coverings are required to enter any municipal building, regardless of vaccination status. In compliance with NYC’s COVID-19 guidelines, facilities in Prospect Park have additional requirements for entry.
Many indoor activities in Prospect Park require that guests 12 and over must show proof of at least 1 COVID vaccine shot to enter these areas. Starting Tuesday December 14, all children ages 5-11 must show proof of 1 COVID vaccine shot, and starting Monday December 27, anyone 12 and older must show proof of full vaccination, meaning 2 COVID vaccine shots, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
- The above rules apply to educational activities at the Audubon Center.
- For more details about the Tennis Center, visit the Tennis Center Safety page.
- For more details about wedding and events, visit the Wedding Safety page.
- For more details about the LeFrak Center at Lakeside, visit the facility Safety page.
- Some events being held in parks by outside groups may have additional safety measures. Before attending, please check with the organizing group to confirm.
- Visit NYC Health’s Key to NYC page for more information.
At this time, Prospect Park, including the LeFrak Center at Lakeside, Prospect Park Zoo, Prospect Park Tennis Center, park playgrounds and adult recreation areas are open with safety protocols in place. Please note that playgrounds, adult recreation and water play areas are not sanitized, and patrons are requested to follow safety protocols posted on site to keep our community healthy. Our restrooms are open; please visit our map for locations.
It has never been easier to get a COVID-19 Vaccine in New York City. Visit NYC’s Vaccine Command Center page for more information on how to get vaccinated today.
Free COVID-19 testing is now available in New York City at more than 100 locations across the city. Visit the City’s COVID-19 Testing page for more.
For more information about coronavirus and a guide on how to stay safe, please visit http://nyc.gov/coronavirus or contact the New York coronavirus hotline at 888-364-3065. You can also text COVID to 692-692 to receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments from Notify NYC.
Please also help us keep the park green and vibrant, by following these stewardship guidelines:
- Be a Park Champion and Help Keep the Park Clean and Green: please deposit litter in trash receptacles and carry out what you bring to the park.
- Follow the Rules of the Road: please keep in the correct lanes on the park drive, and follow the direction of traffic. Consider exercising in the park in the early or evening hours.
- Protect The Environment: keep your pet on-leash, stay on park paths, refrain from climbing trees, and enjoy—but do not pick—park flowers.
- Keep Pets on Leash: please follow CDC guidelines by keeping your pet on leash at all times.