Coming in from the Cold: An Event for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Come in from the Cold to the Lefferts Historic House to learn how the family would spend the cold winter months making and playing with toys and games While you’re here make a classic cup and ball toy to take home. Registration is required, RSVP today.
Join the Prospect Park Alliance and the Historic House Trust for an early opening of the Lefferts Historic House, an exclusive event for children with the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Have a fun day of interactive learning experiences with sensory-based exhibits and activities! This special event includes the following modifications:
- Attendance Limited: by invitations and RSVP only. Please Register.
- Light and Sound reduction to accommodate those with noise sensitivities.
- Extra sensory-based activities to provide fun for a wide range of preferences
- Downloadable Pre-Trip Social Story available on the Lefferts page
- Bring a picnic to enjoy in our yard
- A comfortable, protected and accepting environment