Pop Up Audubon II: Animal Clues
Join Alliance educators at the Peninsula to learn about birds and other animals that make their home near water, and add to the “nest” we are weaving with natural materials.
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: The Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families. In April, play Habitat Bingo, search for birds and design a home for one of the Park’s many living things.
- Lakeside Nature Stroll, 12–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk through the meandering paths of the Peninsula and search for signs of animal homes.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Help Alliance naturalists track migrating birds and invasive plants that impact where animals can make their homes in this citizen science program.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Let’s lend a helping hand to make our park a better place. Learn how mulch helps trees, spread wood chips or protect the environment by removing damaging litter.
- Family Bird Watching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home.