Smorgasburg Returns for 2019 Season
March 27, 2019
Everyone’s favorite outdoor food market is back in Prospect Park! Kicking off the season on April 7, Smorgasburg Prospect Park, presented by Brooklyn Flea in partnership with Prospect Park Alliance, is back every Sunday through October on Breeze Hill.
This beloved market features over 80 food vendors and crowds of hungry customers, ready to sample flavors from across the globe. While many of last year’s favorite foods purveyors are returning, this year’s crop of new vendors is not only the market’s largest yet, it’s also the most diverse. New additions include:
- NFL player Derrell Smith brings Amazeballs meatballs and special sauces inspired by his Nana.
- The Blue Chicken joins Smorgasburg with a perfect sous vide chicken sandwich.
- Borrachito serves up thick handmade tortillas, made with organic, local corn as the base for these delicious tacos.
- Crack’d’s mouth watering four different egg sandwiches are all based on Japanese tamagoyaki.
- Try Fluffies’ thick soufflé pancakes inspired by the fluffy versions of Japan and Asia.
- Gourmet by Nuno features Portuguese sandwiches, slow cooked to perfection.
- Cantonese dim sum from Jing Fong, established 40 years ago on Elizabeth Street in Chinatown is the original cart palace.
- Kochin’s dazzling dazzling dessert concoctions combine reunited Vietnamese friends’ east and west flavors.
- La Tropikitchen’s Colombian snacks and homemade sauces including tamales are delicious on the tongue plus easy on the eyes.
- As 2018’s “Rookie of the Year” Vendy winner, Nansense’s Afghan comfort food joins the Smorgasburg outdoor lineup.
- Petisco Brazuca serves Brazilian snack foods based on the ubiquitous Rio de Janeiro street food known as coxinha.
- You’ll think you’re relaxing on the beach with Sons of Thunder’s Hawaiian and California inspired cuisine focusing on poke.
- Focused on Japanese Miyazaki black wagyu, Tojo’s Kitchen uses the world’s best beef to make wagyu “sushi”.
- The brand new East Village shop, Smør, specializes in smørrebrød, the open faced Nordic staple sandwich.
- Yumpling creates a “hot chicken” version of the giant Taiwanese chicken steak, and yum it is!
Plus, on Sunday, June 16, Smorgasburg is partnering with CaribBEING and Prospect Park Alliance to celebrate Caribbean Heritage month with special pop-up food and culture vendors (including Peppa’s of Crown Heights) serving jerk and other island specials, plus DJs throughout the afternoon.