Small Event Permits
Events with 20 to 499 expected attendees and/or participants require a special event permit from NYC Parks. An application and $25 nonrefundable fee must be submitted at least 21 to 30 days prior to the event. Some events require a refundable security bondand a certificate of insurance together with the broker certification form.
Event Planning Guidelines:
- No tents or canopies, balloons, amplified sound, generators, inflatable structures or alcoholic beverages.
- Permits are not issued on major holidays or holiday weekends.
- Permits are not issued on Mondays or the day after a major holiday.
- Permits are not issued in certain areas of the park on weekends from May 1 to September 30.
- Permits are not issued for the following picnic areas at any time, and are intended for groups of 20 people or fewer: Wellhouse Drive; Vanderbilt Oval; Parkside Lawn; Lincoln Road Lawn and the Nethermead.
- No vehicles are permitted on park land and no vehicles are permitted to operate on the park drive.