Winter Guide to Prospect Park
January 11, 2018
Temperatures have dropped and snow is in the air—time to head to Prospect Park! We’ve collected everything you could possible need to enjoy a frosty trip to the Park, whether you’re a skater, sledder, hiker or historian. Image c. Joseph O. Holmes.
- Fresh snow in Prospect Park means one thing…sledding! We’ve compiled a list of the best sledding destinations in Brooklyn’s Backyard, take a look at the Top Sledding Spots in Prospect Park.
- Just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean you can’t stay active in the Park! We’ve got information about skating, cross-country skiing and even indoor tennis in our Guide to the Winter Activities of Prospect Park.
- Taking a more laid-back approach to the Park’s winter weather? We’ve curated a great walk up Lookout Hill, culminating in views only visible during this season.
Winter at Prospect Park Alliance
- Did you know? Prospect Park Alliance arborists take full advantage of the opportunities afforded by the winter to inspect and prune trees, and plan the future of Prospect Park’s canopy. Hear more from the Alliance’s arborists.
- Looking for paths less traveled? Prospect Park Alliance staff share their favorite hidden gem locations in the Park, perfect for a wintertime visit.
- Get the inside scoop on how Prospect Park Alliance’s capable staff handles a winter storm and keeps the Park safe and ready for enthusiastic winter visitors.
Winter Through the Ages