Barbecue Rules and Safety
Barbecuing is permitted only in designated areas of the Park (see map):
- Bandshell North + South
- Bartel-Pritchard Lawn
- Lincoln Road Lawn
- Long Meadow North (near Grand Army Plaza)
- Nethermead Picnic Area
- Park Circle Picnic Area
- Parkside Lawn
- Peristyle Lawn
- Picnic House North + South
- 10th Avenue Lawn
- Vanderbilt Oval
- Wellhouse Picnic Area
Follow these rules to protect wildlife habitats and the safety of all visitors:
- Use a charcoal grill or hibachi at least two feet above the ground.
- Propane is not permitted; charcoal only.
- No fire within 10 feet of any building, tree or underbrush, or beneath the branches of any tree.
- Groups of 20 or more require a permit.
- Do not place coals on ground.
- Deposit coals in hot coal bins, or extinguish coals with water and wrap coals in foil.
- Place extinguished and wrapped coals in a dumpster, or leave them in or next to a trashcan.
- Please bag all other trash and place in a dumpster, or leave it in or next to a trashcan.